Preparation H (Glycerin and Lidocaine)
Name: Preparation H (Glycerin and Lidocaine)
- Preparation H Glycerin and Lidocaine used to treat
- Preparation H Glycerin and Lidocaine is used to treat
- Preparation H Glycerin and Lidocaine drug
- Preparation H Glycerin and Lidocaine drugs like
- Preparation H Glycerin and Lidocaine side effects
Uses of Preparation H
- It is used to treat signs of hemorrhoids or rectal irritation.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Preparation H?
- If you have an allergy to lidocaine or any other part of Preparation H (glycerin and lidocaine).
- If you are allergic to any drugs like this one, any other drugs, foods, or other substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had, like rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other signs.
This medicine may interact with other drugs or health problems.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take this medicine with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Bleeding from rectum or rectal pain.
- Irritation where this medicine is used.
If OVERDOSE is suspected
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out Preparation H?
- Store at room temperature.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to throw out unused drugs.