Pedialyte (Electrolyte Oral Solution, Freezer-Pops, and Jell Cups)
Name: Pedialyte (Electrolyte Oral Solution, Freezer-Pops, and Jell Cups)
- Pedialyte Electrolyte Oral Solution, Freezer-Pops, and Jell Cups drug
- Pedialyte Electrolyte Oral Solution, Freezer-Pops, and Jell Cups drugs like
- Pedialyte Electrolyte Oral Solution, Freezer-Pops, and Jell Cups side effects
- Pedialyte Electrolyte Oral Solution, Freezer-Pops, and Jell Cups effects of
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Pedialyte?
- If you have an allergy to Pedialyte (electrolyte oral solution, freezer-pops, and jell cups) or any part of this medicine.
- If you are allergic to any drugs like this one, any other drugs, foods, or other substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had, like rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other signs.
This medicine may interact with other drugs or health problems.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take Pedialyte with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Pedialyte?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take this medicine. This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- If you have fever or throwing up, or if you have loose stools (diarrhea) that lasts more than 24 hours, talk with the doctor.
- If you have phenylketonuria (PKU), talk with your doctor. Some products have phenylalanine.
- Do not give to a child less than 1 year of age without first talking with the doctor.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using Pedialyte while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
What are some other side effects of Pedialyte?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.