Omadacycline (Intravenous Route)
Name: Omadacycline (Intravenous Route)
- Omadacycline Intravenous Route brand name
- Omadacycline Intravenous Route dosage
- Omadacycline Intravenous Route dosage forms
- Omadacycline Intravenous Route works by
- Omadacycline Intravenous Route injection
- Omadacycline Intravenous Route used to treat
- Omadacycline Intravenous Route is used to treat
US Brand Name
Omadacycline injection is used to treat community acquired bacterial pneumonia (CABP) and acute bacterial skin and skin structure infections (ABSSSI).
Omadacycline belongs to the class of medicines known as tetracycline antibiotics. It works by killing bacteria or preventing their growth. However, this medicine will not work for colds, flu, or other virus infections.
This medicine is given only by or under the direct supervision of your doctor.
This product is available in the following dosage forms:
- Powder for Solution
Omadacycline injection may cause permanent discoloration of the teeth and slow down bone growth. This medicine should not be given to children younger than 8 years of age, unless directed by the child's doctor.
Appropriate studies performed to date have not demonstrated geriatric-specific problems that would limit the usefulness of omadacycline injection in the elderly.
Other Medical Problems
The presence of other medical problems may affect the use of this medicine. Make sure you tell your doctor if you have any other medical problems, especially:
- Diarrhea or
- Eye or vision problems—Use with caution. May make these conditions worse.