Getting the most from your treatment
- Before you start using the eye drops, read the manufacturer's printed information leaflet from the pack. It will give you more information about the drops and will provide you with a full list of the side-effects which you may experience from using them.
- Take care not to touch your eye, fingers, or any other surface with the dropper of the bottle. This will help to prevent any risk of infection.
- Tropicamide will cause blurred vision which may last for some time. Make sure you can see clearly again before you drive, or use tools or machines.
- If you are using any other eye drops or ointments, leave about ten minutes between applying each one. This is to prevent more liquid going into your eye than it can handle. Otherwise the drops will overflow from your eye and may not have the intended effect.
- If you normally wear contact lenses, do not wear them again until your doctor advises you do so. There are two reasons for this - using tropicamide will mean you are not able to see clearly, and also bottles of eye drops contain a preservative which can affect some soft contact lenses.