Delsym Cough+ Soothing Action
Name: Delsym Cough+ Soothing Action
- Delsym Cough+ Soothing Action action
- Delsym Cough+ Soothing Action drug
- Delsym Cough+ Soothing Action drugs like
- Delsym Cough+ Soothing Action missed dose
- Delsym Cough+ Soothing Action side effects
- Delsym Cough+ Soothing Action uses
- Delsym Cough+ Soothing Action adverse effects
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Delsym Cough+ Soothing Action?
For all patients taking Delsym Cough+ Soothing Action (dextromethorphan and menthol):
- If you have an allergy to dextromethorphan or any other part of this medicine.
- If you are allergic to any drugs like this one, any other drugs, foods, or other substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had, like rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other signs.
- If you have taken certain drugs used for low mood (depression) like isocarboxazid, phenelzine, or tranylcypromine or drugs used for Parkinson's disease like selegiline or rasagiline in the last 14 days. Taking Delsym Cough+ Soothing Action within 14 days of those drugs can cause very bad high blood pressure.
- If you have a cough with a lot of mucous.
- If you have a long-term cough caused by smoking or being around smoke, or lung problems like asthma or emphysema.
- If your child is younger than 6 years of age. Do not give this medicine to a child younger than 6 years of age.
This is not a list of all drugs or health problems that interact with Delsym Cough+ Soothing Action.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take this medicine with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
How is this medicine (Delsym Cough+ Soothing Action) best taken?
Use this medicine as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Suck oral lozenge. Do not chew, break, or crush it. Do not swallow it whole.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- If you take Delsym Cough+ Soothing Action on a regular basis, take a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not take 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
- Many times this medicine is taken on an as needed basis. Do not take more often than told by the doctor.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
How do I store and/or throw out Delsym Cough+ Soothing Action?
- Store at room temperature.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to throw out unused drugs.
Consumer Information Use and Disclaimer
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Keep a list of all your drugs (prescription, natural products, vitamins, OTC) with you. Give this list to your doctor.
- Talk with the doctor before starting any new drug, including prescription or OTC, natural products, or vitamins.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about Delsym Cough+ Soothing Action, please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only the healthcare provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for a specific patient. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about Delsym Cough+ Soothing Action (dextromethorphan and menthol). It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from the healthcare provider. You must talk with the healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using Delsym Cough+ Soothing Action.
Review Date: October 4, 2017