Benadryl Allergy (Diphenhydramine Elixir, Liquid, and Syrup)
Name: Benadryl Allergy (Diphenhydramine Elixir, Liquid, and Syrup)
- Benadryl Allergy Diphenhydramine Elixir, Liquid, and Syrup used to treat
- Benadryl Allergy Diphenhydramine Elixir, Liquid, and Syrup is used to treat
- Benadryl Allergy Diphenhydramine Elixir, Liquid, and Syrup missed dose
- Benadryl Allergy Diphenhydramine Elixir, Liquid, and Syrup side effects
- Benadryl Allergy Diphenhydramine Elixir, Liquid, and Syrup drug
- Benadryl Allergy Diphenhydramine Elixir, Liquid, and Syrup effects of
Uses of Benadryl Allergy
- It is used to relieve coughing.
- It is used to ease allergy signs.
- It is used to help motion sickness.
- It is used to treat signs like Parkinson's disease caused by other health problems.
- It is used to treat sleep problems.
How is this medicine (Benadryl Allergy) best taken?
Use Benadryl Allergy as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Take with or without food. Take with food if it causes an upset stomach.
- Measure liquid doses carefully. Use the measuring device that comes with this medicine. If there is none, ask the pharmacist for a device to measure Benadryl Allergy.
- If you have phenylketonuria (PKU), talk with your doctor. Some products have phenylalanine.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- If you take this medicine on a regular basis, take a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not take 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
- Many times Benadryl Allergy (diphenhydramine elixir, liquid, and syrup) is taken on an as needed basis. Do not take more often than told by the doctor.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Very bad dizziness or passing out.
- Change in balance.
What are some other side effects of Benadryl Allergy?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Feeling sleepy.
- Thickening of mucus in nose or throat.
- Feeling nervous and excitable.
- Upset stomach or throwing up.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
How do I store and/or throw out Benadryl Allergy?
- Store at room temperature.
- Protect from light.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Do not freeze.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to throw out unused drugs.