- Albumin-ZLB used to treat
- Albumin-ZLB is used to treat
- Albumin-ZLB drug
- Albumin-ZLB drugs like
- Albumin-ZLB made from
- Albumin-ZLB side effects
- Albumin-ZLB effects of albumin-zlb
- Albumin-ZLB injection
- Albumin-ZLB side effects of albumin-zlb
Uses of Albumin-ZLB
- It is used to treat or prevent low blood volume.
- It is used to treat low blood pressure.
- It is used to replace albumin in people with low blood albumin levels.
- It is used to add back fluid after fluid loss.
- It is used to treat shock.
- It may be given to you for other reasons. Talk with the doctor.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Albumin-ZLB?
- If you have an allergy to albumin, blood products, or any other part of Albumin-ZLB (albumin).
- If you are allergic to any drugs like this one, any other drugs, foods, or other substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had, like rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other signs.
- If you have anemia or a weak heart.
This is not a list of all drugs or health problems that interact with this medicine.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take Albumin-ZLB with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Albumin-ZLB?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take this medicine. This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Have blood work checked as you have been told by the doctor. Talk with the doctor.
- Have your urine checked as you have been told by your doctor.
- The doctor will watch blood pressure, heart rate, and oxygen levels closely. Talk with the doctor.
- This medicine is made from human plasma (part of the blood) and may have viruses that may cause disease. This medicine is screened, tested, and treated to lower the chance that it carries an infection. Talk with the doctor.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using Albumin-ZLB while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
What are some other side effects of Albumin-ZLB?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if you have any side effects that bother you or do not go away.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
For the Consumer
Applies to albumin human: parenteral injection
Side effects include:
Anaphylactoid reactions, fever, chills, rash, nausea, vomiting, tachycardia, hypotension.
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to albumin human: intravenous solution
Dermatologic side effects have included urticaria, skin rash, pruritus, edema, and erythema.[Ref]
Nervous system side effects have included headache, chills, and febrile reactions.[Ref]
Cardiovascular side effects have included hypotension.[Ref]
Gastrointestinal side effects have included nausea, vomiting and increased salivation.[Ref]
Respiratory side effects have included bronchospasm.[Ref]
Some side effects of Albumin-ZLB may not be reported. Always consult your doctor or healthcare specialist for medical advice. You may also report side effects to the FDA.