- Aggrastat uses
- Aggrastat used to treat
- Aggrastat aggrastat drug
- Aggrastat drug
- Aggrastat injection
- Aggrastat mg
Dosing & Uses
Dosage Forms & Strengths
premixed IV infusion solution
- 5mg/100mL (50mcg/mL)
- 12.5mg/250mL (50mcg/mL)
IV solution vials
- 5mg/100mL vial (50mcg/mL)
- 3.75mg/15mL bolus vial (250mcg/mL)
Non-ST Elevated Acute Coronary Syndrome
Indicated to reduce the rate of thrombotic cardiovascular events (combined endpoint of death, myocardial infarction, or refractory ischemia/repeat cardiac procedure) in patients with non-ST elevation acute coronary syndrome (NSTE-ACS)
Loading dose: 25 mcg/kg IV infused within 5 min, THEN
Post loading dose infusion: 0.15 mcg/kg/min IV for up to 18 hr
Refer to prescribing information for dosing chart by weight and CrCl
CrCl ≤60 mL/min: Decrease post loading dose infusion by 50% to 0.075 mcg/kg/min IV
Safety and efficacy not established
Uses of Aggrastat
Aggrastat is a prescription medication used to treat acute coronary syndrome. This is a condition when there is a sudden, decreased blood flow to the heart.
This medication may be prescribed for other uses. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Aggrastat Drug Class
Aggrastat is part of the drug class:
Platelet aggregation inhibitors excl. heparin
Tell your doctor about all the medicines you take, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements. Especially tell your doctor if you take:
- antiplatelets (a type of blood thinner) such as clopidogrel (Plavix), aspirin, prasugrel (Effient), ticagrelor (Brilinta), ticlopidine (Ticlid), abciximab (ReoPro), eptifibatide (Integrilin), tirofiban (Aggrastat), and cilostazol (Pletal)
- anticoagulant (blood thinner) medications such as warfarin (Coumadin, Jantoven), heparin, enoxaparin (Lovenox), fondaparinux (Arixtra), rivaroxaban (Xarelto), and apixaban (Eliquis)
- Thromolytic agesnts such as Alteplase (activase), Defibrotide, Reteplase (retavase) and Tenecteplase (TNKase).
This is not a complete list of Aggrastat drug interactions. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Before taking Aggrastat, tell your doctor about all of your medical conditions. Especially tell your doctor if you:
- are allergic to Aggrastat or to any of its ingredients
- have a stomach ulcer or ulcerative colitis
- severe liver disease
- severe high blood pressure
- a bleeding or blood clotting disorder
- a history of head injury
- brain tumor or blood clot in the brain (aneurysm)
- a stroke or any type of bleeding within the past 30 days
- any type of surgery, injury, or medical emergency within the past 6 weeks
- are pregnant or plan to become pregnant during treatment with Aggrastat and aspirin
Tell your doctor about all the medicines you take including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
How is Aggrastat (tirofiban)given?
Tirofiban is injected into a vein through an IV. A healthcare provider will give you this injection.
While using tirofiban, you may need frequent blood tests.
What happens if I miss a dose?
Because you will receive tirofiban in a clinical setting, you are not likely to miss a dose.
Platelet-aggregation inhibitor;1 15 22 a platelet glycoprotein (GP IIb/IIIa)-receptor inhibitor.b
ParenteralFor Injection, Concentrate, for IV Infusion
25°C (may be exposed to 15–30°C).1 20 Do not freeze; protect from light.1 20
Contains no preservative; discard unused solution.1Injection, for IV Infusion
25°C (may be exposed to 15–30°C).1 Do not freeze; protect from light.1
Contains no preservative; discard unused solution.1
For information on systemic interactions resulting from concomitant use, see Interactions.
Dextrose 5% in sodium chloride 0.45%
Dextrose 5% in water
Sodium chloride 0.9%
Dosage Forms and Strengths
Aggrastat is a clear, non-preserved, colorless, isosmotic, sterile premixed injection with sodium chloride for tonicity adjustment available in the following presentations:
|Strength||Volume - Packaging|
|50 mcg/mL||250 mL - bag|
|50 mcg/mL||100 mL - vial|
|250 mcg/mL||15 mL - bolus vial|