Uses of Aflexeryl-MC
- It is used to ease muscle and joint aches and pain.
- It may be given to you for other reasons. Talk with the doctor.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Aflexeryl-MC?
- If you have an allergy to Aflexeryl-MC (capsaicin and menthol patch) or any part of this medicine.
- If you are allergic to any drugs like this one, any other drugs, foods, or other substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had, like rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other signs.
- If you are using another drug like this one.
This is not a list of all drugs or health problems that interact with Aflexeryl-MC.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take this medicine with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
How is this medicine (Aflexeryl-MC) best taken?
Use Aflexeryl-MC as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Do not take this medicine by mouth. Use on your skin only. Keep out of your mouth, nose, and eyes (may burn).
- Clean affected part before use. Make sure to dry well.
- You may wear gloves when putting on.
- Do not put on irritated skin.
- Do not put on cuts, scrapes, or damaged skin.
- Do not bathe, shower, or swim right after putting on.
- Do not put on right after a shower or bath.
- If Aflexeryl-MC gets in the eyes, rinse with cool water.
- Wash your hands before and after use.
- Put on clean, dry, healthy skin.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- If you use this medicine on a regular basis, put on a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not put on 2 doses or extra doses.
- Many times Aflexeryl-MC is used on an as needed basis. Do not use more often than told by the doctor.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Very bad skin irritation.
- Very bad burning or burning that does not go away.
If OVERDOSE is suspected
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out Aflexeryl-MC?
- Store at room temperature.
- Protect from heat and sunlight.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to throw out unused drugs.