Acyclovir Capsules and Tablets
Name: Acyclovir Capsules and Tablets
- Acyclovir Capsules and Tablets tablet
- Acyclovir Capsules and Tablets used to treat
- Acyclovir Capsules and Tablets is used to treat
- Acyclovir Capsules and Tablets drug
- Acyclovir Capsules and Tablets drugs like
- Acyclovir Capsules and Tablets side effects
- Acyclovir Capsules and Tablets missed dose
Uses of Acyclovir Capsules and Tablets
- It is used to treat herpes infections.
- It is used to treat shingles.
- It is used to treat chickenpox.
- It may be given to you for other reasons. Talk with the doctor.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Acyclovir Capsules and Tablets?
- If you have an allergy to acyclovir, valacyclovir, or any other part of this medicine (acyclovir capsules and tablets).
- If you are allergic to any drugs like this one, any other drugs, foods, or other substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had, like rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other signs.
This medicine may interact with other drugs or health problems.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take this medicine with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Acyclovir Capsules and Tablets?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take this medicine (acyclovir capsules and tablets). This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- This medicine is not a cure for herpes infections. Talk with the doctor.
- If you have genital herpes, this medicine will not stop it from spreading. Do not have any kind of sex when you have sores or other signs of genital herpes. Genital herpes can also be spread if you do not have any signs. Do not have any kind of sex without using a latex or polyurethane condom. Talk with your doctor.
- If you are 65 or older, use this medicine (acyclovir capsules and tablets) with care. You could have more side effects.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using this medicine while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
How is this medicine (Acyclovir Capsules and Tablets) best taken?
Use this medicine (acyclovir capsules and tablets) as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Keep taking this medicine as you have been told by your doctor or other health care provider, even if you feel well.
- To gain the most benefit, do not miss doses.
- Drink lots of noncaffeine liquids unless told to drink less liquid by your doctor.
- Take with or without food. Take with food if it causes an upset stomach.
- If you are taking this medicine (acyclovir capsules and tablets) for an infection that came back, start this medicine as soon as you can.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Take a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not take 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.