Name: Aclaro PD
- Aclaro PD drug
- Aclaro PD drugs like
- Aclaro PD missed dose
- Aclaro PD side effects
- Aclaro PD side effects of aclaro pd
- Aclaro PD effects of aclaro pd
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Aclaro PD?
- If you have an allergy to hydroquinone or any other part of Aclaro PD (hydroquinone).
- If you are allergic to any drugs like this one, any other drugs, foods, or other substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had, like rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other signs.
This medicine may interact with other drugs or health problems.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take this medicine with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Aclaro PD?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take Aclaro PD. This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- After stopping this medicine, some of the color change may come back.
- If you have a sulfite allergy, talk with your doctor.
- This medicine may cause harm if swallowed. If Aclaro PD is swallowed, call a doctor or poison control center right away.
- Avoid sun, sunlamps, and tanning beds. Use sunscreen and wear clothing and eyewear that protects you from the sun.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using this medicine while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
How is this medicine (Aclaro PD) best taken?
Use Aclaro PD as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Do not take this medicine by mouth. Use on your skin only. Keep out of your mouth, nose, and eyes (may burn).
- Wash your hands before and after use. Do not wash your hands after use if putting this on your hand.
- Clean affected part before use. Make sure to dry well.
- Put a thin layer on the affected skin and rub in gently.
- Practice good skin care and avoid the sun.
- Do not use coverings (bandages, dressings, make-up) unless told to do so by the doctor.
- Do not use on irritated skin.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Put on a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not put on 2 doses or extra doses.
For the Consumer
Applies to hydroquinone topical: topical combination cream, topical cream gel emulsion or solution
Side effects include:
Mild skin irritation and sensitization (e.g., burning, erythema, stinging).
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to hydroquinone topical: compounding powder, topical cream, topical emulsion, topical gel, topical solution
Dermatologic side effects have included localized contact dermatitis. Exogenous ochronosis (involving over 10,000 exposures under careful clinical supervision) has been reported at an incidence of 22 cases in more than 50 years.[Ref]
Some side effects of Aclaro PD may not be reported. Always consult your doctor or healthcare specialist for medical advice. You may also report side effects to the FDA.