Acetylcysteine Effervescent Tablets
Name: Acetylcysteine Effervescent Tablets
- Acetylcysteine Effervescent Tablets tablet
- Acetylcysteine Effervescent Tablets drug
- Acetylcysteine Effervescent Tablets drugs like
- Acetylcysteine Effervescent Tablets missed dose
- Acetylcysteine Effervescent Tablets side effects
- Acetylcysteine Effervescent Tablets effects of acetylcysteine effervescent tablets
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Acetylcysteine Effervescent Tablets?
- If you have an allergy to acetylcysteine or any other part of this medicine (acetylcysteine effervescent tablets).
- If you are allergic to any drugs like this one, any other drugs, foods, or other substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had, like rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other signs.
This medicine may interact with other drugs or health problems.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take this medicine with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
How is this medicine (Acetylcysteine Effervescent Tablets) best taken?
Use this medicine (acetylcysteine effervescent tablets) as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Melt the tablet(s) in water as you have been told by the doctor. Do not swallow the tablet(s) whole.
- Drink within 2 hours of mixing.
- Those who have feeding tubes may use this medicine. Use as you have been told. Flush the feeding tube after this medicine (acetylcysteine effervescent tablets) is given.
- If you throw up within 1 hour of taking this medicine, take 1 more dose.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Use a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not use 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Shortness of breath.
- Black, tarry, or bloody stools.
- Throwing up blood or throw up that looks like coffee grounds.
What are some other side effects of Acetylcysteine Effervescent Tablets?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Upset stomach or throwing up.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.